Friday, December 31, 2010

2010...out with the old...

By the end of every year I'm ready for a new year. I'm ready for a clean slate; fresh start; new beginning. Don't get me wrong - I had a great year. My family stayed healthy, my husband came back from working/living in Denver, my son learned the lyrics to Madonna's Open Your Heart to Me...it was a fabulous year! The only downer news of the year was finding out the dog has lymphoma. But if that's the only downer event of the year I can think of, then is was a damn good year!

I love the idea that anything is possible when I greet a new year. Why I save this thinking for a new year, and don't think this every morning when I open my eyes to a new day is what I'm wondering at this moment.
Why not greet every day like a new year.
Celebrate! Jump for joy!
Hug and kiss loved ones.

I have many resolutions for 2011 - but perhaps I'll start with greeting each day like a NEW YEAR.... That's perhaps the best idea I've had all year.

No comments: