Thursday, February 10, 2011

sunny day.

We've had some super foggy mornings around here lately. But that usually turns into a super sunny day.
Max and I headed outside to bask in the glorious sun, both of us working on our art.
I've been trying to capture some nice sun flare on my camera on the sunny days. I enjoy the challenge.
And of course I love photographing my favorite little man.
The sky looked like this...


My sun flare looked a bit like this...


(Not bad for a newbie...)


 (I like how Max was sitting right where the four lines in the pavement all met. Totally not planned.)


So far I've mainly been using Picnik to edit my photos. And as you can see, I really like the cross process effects. I've downloaded the trial version of Photoshop Elements 9, but I have no CLUE what I'm doing. I've got a long ways to go before I figure-out even the basics.
The important thing is that I'm out there cultivating a little somethin' for me. AND I'm having a good time. I've read and re-read my camera manual and have been mostly shooting in manual or aperture-priority mode.
It's all good.
a.

1 comment:

penandview said...

love your sunflare! not bad for a newbie! you don't look like a newbie. :)
You have a great eye. Keep shooting every day and you will grow and grow and grow. Though it looks like you have that something special so be encouraged.