Thursday, January 27, 2011

busy.

I've been busy the past week.
Cleaning. Doctor appointments. Preschool drop-off/pick-up. Making dinner. Doing laundry.
Trying to find some time to do the other things I'm excited about - like read, blog, catch-up on blogs, take photos, learn about taking better photos, watch my favorite shows on TV.
You get the idea.
The same old issue of too much to do and too little time in which to do it all.
Oh yea, and I need sleep...(how did I almost forget that one?!)

My brain is left feeling very unorganized and haphazard most of the time. I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut-off. Not good.
I used to be such an organized person....when I was in college and when I worked. I think it was because I knew I had a limited amount of time in my days and had certain things I just HAD to accomplish.
I manage my time wonderfully when my time is limited. If that makes sense. Any sense.
Since I've been a stay-at-home-mom my time management skills have taken a nose-dive.
I think it's because on most days I don't have anything I HAVE to do.
Most days are wide open, which leaves me to haphazardly do whatever I want, whenever I want. (Well, not WHATever I want...I mean if that was the case I'd sleep till 9am, go for coffee, read for a few hours, get a pedicure once a week.... You get the picture.)
I am craving organization these days.
Not just organization of my "stuff" but mental organization.
A PLAN of some sort...
But I'm not sure where to start. Which only adds to the haphazard feeling...sigh...
The good news is that I realize I'm feeling this way about my days, and that I realize I need to do something about it. For now that's a good start.

No comments: