Monday, January 10, 2011

four.

Four years ago today, I had my son.
I was exhausted, scared and happy - all at once.
Exhausted from labor and a c-section. Scared to death about what to do with this itty, bitty boy (he weighed-in at a mere 4 pounds, 15 ounces). And happy to finally meet him face to face (and be done being pregnant!)

Four years later, I am still exhausted, still scared and still happy.
Exhausted from the labor that is motherhood.
Scared about whether I'm doing any of it well, or "right" or good enough.
Happy that I get to be part of these wonderful (crazy) early years of my son's life.
Happy that I get to spend my days with him, before he gets to the age of spending his days elsewhere.
Happy that these four years together, at home, has created a bond like no other I will ever know.
Happy for 4 year old kisses and hugs.

Happy to be called, Mommy.

Happy Birthday, my sweet little boy.



No comments: