Tuesday, February 21, 2012

sometimes.

Sometimes everything around you speaks loudly, and what seems like - just to you.
I was asked by a local photographer to participate in a project she is working on. You can read about it here and here. Did I hesitate when she asked for help? Oh yes I did. Did I want to take that picture? No way. But I knew I had to. I listened to that gut feeling that told me I had to do this. I knew it was part of the process of being honest with myself. Of facing up to my insecurities. It was one of many steps I will take in becoming content in this skin. Lara is one amazing, talented woman. I had the privilege of taking a two day photography class from here last summer. It was amazing.
And then the other day while I was reading through my blogs, I found this article and this article, which were perfect for what I've been feeling lately. And this friend posted a little bit about making an attempt at something. Which got me thinking that I need to step out of my comfort zone with my photography and just try - something new and something different. I will never find my style if I don't step out of the comfortable little box I'm in and just try. And then last night the Brave Girls sent me this little email.
I don't profess to be good with words and articulating what I want to say. So today I'm going to let these articles do the talking. They say perfectly what has been on my mind and in my heart these days. I'll be back with some photos tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome that world is speaking to you and that you are brave enough to listen. :)

Shawntae said...

I love the truth and love post and just shared it on my FB wall. Just posting my couple of thoughts with the link was kind of nerve wracking. I guess for so long I've tried convincing myself that I didn't care what others thought of me, but for some reason I do. I guess it's time to be honest with myself and face it. Guess your post and links spoke to me, too. :)