Friday, April 27, 2012

52 linked: trees

_DSC1634_edit_web

We could learn a lot from trees if we took the time to really just look at how they live.

_DSC1625_edit_web
 About holding on and letting go. They let go of the old and dead. And grow anew just when the timing is just right.
About branching out when need be.
And giving-in to the wind and rain.
And turning towards the sun to soak up all of its glory.
_DSC1633_edit_web
We live on a greenbelt with several huge maples. The leaves are tiny now but will soon be huge. I think there is nothing quite as nice as watching the leaves twist and turn as a warm summer breeze blows through. And the sound is so calming. Max used to sit mesmerized by those trees when he was a baby.
_DSC1626_edit_web

The grand maple in our greenbelt. You can see more of her here and here and here.

52 Linked 2012 A new theme every week.
A few other friends are joining-in on the adventure.
Please stop by and see their interpretations of our word of the week.

11 comments:

penandview said...

I would sit entranced even now! They are so beautiful! And you are right about the lessons they teach us. :)

Carla said...

♥♥ the mossy trees. Such beautiful pictures!! Gorgeous -- I love them. Everyone seems to be so reflective on our linked days. Maybe I need to think about things a little more. :)

Unknown said...

Oh I know what you mean. We have Cottonwood tress here (don't know if they grow in your area) which are now considered nuisance trees because of the cotton they drop (looks like snow), anyway, when the wind blows, the leaves twist and turn and make a rustling sound that I just love. The light that shines through us dappled.
I thought I killed a Hydrangea tree that I just got last fall, but I see everyday the new leaves are getting bigger. It is pretty amazing what trees go through, I had never thought of it before.

Naomi said...

So, so true my friend! I love these shots. Gorgeous tree. And i love that moss on the branches. Owen had a thing for trees as a baby too...if he was cranky id bring him outside and hed just stare quietly at them. :)

stacey said...

What a beautiful tree. So so pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful trees and beautiful words.

Amanda said...

Your words are spot on.
I bet I could find myself lost in those trees on many an afternoon. :) So pretty.

Marvett Smith said...

Oh my. It's so gorgeous and green where you are! I love it! Your images are gorgeous, and so are your words. Beautiful post!

Heather M. said...

such beautiful photos. i wish i could walk through that forest with you. love those tiny little leaves.

Shawntae said...

Oh so beautiful! Makes me want to take a nature walk.

Skeller said...

your tree pictures are wonderful and beautiful! but, now I totally see what chromatic aberration you're talking about. btw, that's not normal CA. what lens are you shooting with when you get this kind of CA? it might be worth sending/taking the lens in for calibration ...