They left last Sunday afternoon. Eric took Max up to Seattle with him this past week. Max got to spend the week with Omi & Opa (Meisgeiers) and Gma & Gda (Roths) while Eric worked in Seattle. Dare I say my week was blissful?...I was desperate for a break.
A few things I learned during my week alone:
1. I did not - even for one moment - miss hearing the sound of my voice nagging Max to do this or that, or stop doing this or that, or get clothes on, or eat, or wash hands, or stop bugging the dog.
2. My natural tendency is toward the lazy end of the continuum. I spent one whole day in my PJs watching Greys Anatomy DVDs.(Side note: I still dislike George O'Malley. Izzie is still annoying. I have grown to love Bailey. And McDreamy is so much cuter than McSteamy. I watched all of season three!)
3. Even with no one around, I still occasionally want to talk. So I just talked to Sammy a bit more than normal. I think she liked it.
4. Silence is nice. Very nice.
5. I "do" being alone pretty well. Maybe too well. I could have gone the entire week and not talked to anyone or done anything with anyone and would've been just fine. (I'm a cancer the crab - I like to retreat to the safety of my little shell.)
6. Five nights in my own bed - ALL night with no little person coming to get me to get in my bed or have me follow him to his bed = HEAVENLY!
7. My list of social activities included: dinner and photo walk with Barbara, dinner with my brother and his new fiancee, drinks with a girlfriend Thursday night, and photos of triplets Friday. A fun week.
8. A little piece of me misses my single, child-free days.
9. A much larger piece of my really missed my little Maxwell. :)
My week long "me" party was nice. It was so desperately needed. I'm hoping it will be like rebooting my computer after weeks of encountering the blue screen of death. I'm hoping to start anew with a better attitude towards parenting and keeping my stress level in check.
Fairly certain this will become an annual event. ;)