Monday, April 4, 2011

the best-laid plans...

multi-tasking
(Another random photo to go with my random post. Playing with my phone and sucking his thumb.)

My wonderful Friday did not go as planned. My plans looked a bit like this - Thai food, little boy in bed by 8:30, evening to myself to read and watch TV.
Here's what really happened - Max had a fit about what, I don't remember. There was lots of whining and crying and eventually he fell asleep on the couch. At 5pm. For an hour. No, I didn't wake him...I know, I know... Said boy woke up in a bad mood. Bad, bad mood. Husband left to go out with friends. A lot more crying. A soaked kiddo and couch (and it wasn't me or the dog.) And then a boy up till 11:30. We stayed up till 9 watching TV (bad mom, I know) then spent the rest of the evening getting him to stay in his bed and go to sleep. Naps for my son means a very long night. So why I didn't wake him - I don't know. Well, actually I do - I went upstairs and crawled into bed and took advantage of the break. If you can't beat em, join em!
That was my Friday.
I did get my Thai food Saturday though. And it was very yummy.
Happy Monday, friends!
A

3 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

I'm sorry for a tough night. I hope you were able to catch up on some sleep!! You sound like you handled it all like a champ!

Marvett Smith said...

I hate those kind of nights, but there should be comfort in knowing that we all have them. I love that your boy sucks his thumb. Mine does too! So sweet!

Lisa McCully said...

Wow, that was almost exactly my Saturday with my granddaughter.