Let the randomness begin...
1. Holiday music kinda makes me want to cry. Just a little. I can be chugging along down the freeway or sitting at a light and a song can come on and I get all teary-eyed.
2. A few of my favorite Holiday CDs - the new
Michael Buble Christmas - classic! What a voice!
A Very She & Him Christmas - Not sure how to describe this one - maybe a little off-beat (in a good way) and classy. But a new favorite of mine.
Joy to the World - Pink Martini. Oh my - if you haven't heard Pink Martini I'd suggest you run out and buy a copy of any of their CDs. Seriously. Amazing. (And they are from Portland. Gotta love a local group who has made it not just big, but HUGE! My favorite song of theirs is Hey Eugene.)
A Christmas to Remember - Amy Grant. I love Amy Grant.
James Taylor At Christmas - It's JT. What more do I need to say.
A Christmas Album - Amy Grant. Perhaps my all-time favorite holiday CD. The a capella beginning of Hark! The Herald Angels Sing makes me teary-eyed every time. As does Angels We Have Heard on High. This was her first (and best) holiday album, from way back in 1983.
Home for Christmas - Amy Grant. Breath of Heaven. Amazing.
Wintersong - Sarah McLachlan Her version of River really almost makes me cry everytime (if you haven't figured it out yet - a song making me cry is a good measure of it's greatness in my book.)
Where Are You Christmas - Faith Hill. Something about this song that I really love..maybe because I always wonder what happen to the joy I used to feel about Christmas when I was a kid. I want that feeling back.
3. My house is kind of a mess...ok, not kind of - it is a mess. I feel like I can't keep up with the cleaning-up and putting things away. It's constant.
4. I know Christmas time should be a time to relax and reflect on who the season is really about. But this time of year makes me feel the most frazzled and rushed and totally unprepared. I think I need blood pressure medicine to get my through - I'd hate to see what my BP is most days. My anxiety is pretty much through the roof by the time I go to bed.
5. We finally have our tree up. And it is HUGE. Like, I-hope-it-doesn't-fall-over huge. We have 20 foot ceilings in our living room and the tree is only about five feet short of the ceiling. HUGE I tell ya. It seems that every year my husband gets a bigger tree.
6. Elf on the shelf. I may be coming around to thinking it's cute. Maybe...just a tiny, tiny bit. For as long as I've known about Elf on the Shelf, I've basically thought it looks creepy-cute. Like some scary toy that would show-up in a scary movie. (Think Chuckie...that's what I'm thinking.) But maybe by next Christmas I'll have gotten-over the creep-factor that consumes my mind when I see that doll. Maybe...
7. One of the local radio stations starts playing holiday music the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Day. It was all good and I was really enjoying listening until I heard the commercial stating that Oregon Reproductive Medicine is one of the sponsors of the holiday music on this particular station. Something oddly annoying about listening to happy, holiday music that's brought to me by the clinic I gave lots of "moolah" to in the hopes of getting pregnant. It briefly makes the holiday music not so "holiday-ish" when I hear that commercial. In fact I usually turn the station.
8. It's been cold here. Really cold some days. Cold for us anyways. We had some wonderful sunny, frosty days last week, and it's all sunshine and blue sky today! I'm enjoying it while it lasts, even if it's cold. A lot of days the fog and low lying clouds never burn off, so the sky is grey all day. All. Day. I will try to capture one of those photos for you. But I warn you, they are super boring. And grey.
9. Today I'm drinking my coffee straight-up. It's going to be a busy day - Max's school Holiday program, in-laws leaving, parents coming, cookie exchange later tonight...busy. (Wonder what my BP is just writing about this all...)
10. My favorite, as-close-as-I'm-gonna-get-to-having-instagram app recently had an update, in which they got rid of the square format for photos. So annoyed... I love the square format and the different borders each filter had. Just another reason to get an iPhone with my next upgrade.
11. Remember this guy?
12. And I bet if we could all hang-out together snowmen really would come to life. Like Frosty, above. ;)
That's probably enough randomness for now. I've got tons more, but I'll spare you from my rambling...if you're still reading...
Happy Tuesday, friends!