Like sticking out my tongue.
The weekend seemed long. The above child was out of sorts. Whiny, stubborn, crying. I don't know what's gotten into him the past few weeks. Ever since day light savings time started he's been a different kid. Hmmm.... Needless to say, I was very glad he had school today and goes back tomorrow.
- I made some yumm-a-licious potato soup! It was a hit. Thanks to Stacey over at s, d & double e for the recipe. As my husband said, "Kudos to Stacey." And after you write down the recipe (cuz I know you'll want to try it) take a peek at all of Stacey's amazing photos. She knows how to capture natural light like no other! I aspire to being able to capture natural light that well some day. Of course you gotta have good light outside in order to capture it inside - and our skies have been far too gray.
- The weather forecasters are predicting our first 60 degree day for later this week. I can't wait! It's been far too long since I've felt warm in the sun. And, it will be the latest we have hit 60 degrees (in Portland) since...well, for a very long time. It'll break a record.
- I got a nap in on Sunday. It was ever-so-lovely. (It's the little things.)
- I am SO very much looking forward to the new Alison Krauss and Union Station CD, which comes out April 12th. In the meantime I've been playing their first track off the CD, Paper Airplane, over and over. And Max and I have watched the video for the single just a few times today. It's hauntingly beautiful.
- I've been working on making my blog a bit more my own and less like one of the templates. It's a work in progress folks, so don't be alarmed if it looks totally different every couple of days. I have to "wear" it for a few days and see if I still like it or not. Thank you to Tracey for explaining how to post a picture to my header. So simple...I had no idea! And go check out Tracey's blog Pen and View. Some gorgeous pictures and inspiring words.
- While the wee one was in school I took advantage of my 40% off coupon at Borders, and purchased The Pioneer Woman Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond. It was so tempting to buy her cookbook as well, but I held back (this time.) If you haven't heard of or seen her blog, The Pioneer Woman, well it's about time you checked it out! Take a peek...you'll be online browsing her blog for hours.
- And last but not least, I'm making one of my favorite comfort foods for dinner - my mom's chicken roast with mashed potatoes. YUM.
- (P.S. I really do need to pick-up my camera more often. I haven't taken any photos since last weekend when I was at my brother's. Still haven't felt all that inspired lately. Blah...)
P.S.S. - Two of my favorite shows start-up again tonight. United States of Tara and Nurse Jackie. Oh how I love thee Showtime...sigh... (I watch far too much TV late at night.)