Wednesday, May 25, 2011

fluttering leaves.

Picture 1146cp
While in Bend, we spent some time with friends renting a house right on the river. We were there in the evening, just as the sun was getting low in the sky. The Golden Hours were beginning. There were a few trees that looked like aspens (not sure if there really were or not), and I just love aspen!
Picture 1163cp
I just started shooting pictures. I wanted to try to get some nice flare, some golden-green color in the fluttering leaves, maybe a tad bit of the blue sky in the background. I'm not sure I accomplished any of those things.
Picture 1158cp
This is just a handful of the photos I took. There were so many I liked for my own reasons. I'm not sure anyone else would really think they were all that great, technically.
Picture 1150cp
But I like them all. And that's all that really matters. And more importantly, I loved the moment. White tree trunks, green leaves fluttering in the soft breeze, golden sunlight streaming through the canopy of leaves. If I close my eyes I am there again. Camera in hand. Taking pictures.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I loved #2 and 3. Gorgeous! And you're so right - it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks if your images make you smile and make your heart happy. It's a struggle to be okay with that - I get it. But you did an amazing job here! I feel like I'm sitting right there with you under those trees, soaking it all in and snappin' away.

deb duty said...

These are all gorgeous! The light is beyond beautiful! Wow!!

Marvett Smith said...

These are great pictures, and you are completely right. It's so important to be in the moment and be happy. It really is all that matters. It's the best thing about taking pictures, it reminds you of the moments when you were most happy. Great work!

Meisg said...

Like the little rainbow looking thing on 3rd pic. Great job .....

Shawntae said...

I agree with the other ladies.. I think these are wonderful. Like Amanda said, I too feel like I'm sitting there with you, possibly a glass of sweet iced tea in hand.:)